Covid-19 Daily update, Monday 30th March – we will be operational but behind closed doors and by appointment only.
We continue to work through the backlog and overload of bike servicing and are currently working on an average of 4-5 days turaround for servicing. Our door opening hours for collection, drop off and urgent purchases over the next week will be:
- Monday – 09:00-13:00
- Tuesday – 09:00-12:00
- Wednesday – 09:00-13:00
- Thursday – 09:00-13:00
- Friday – 09:00-13:00
- Saturday – 10:00-14:00
- Sunday – 10:00-14:00
Please call if you need anything out of these hours or wish to make an appointment to view of buy bikes and accessories, we will be open but the doors will be closed.
With the Government now insisting that non-essential shops and business close we need to maintain the safety of our staff and customers while balancing this with the need to keep people on thier bikes to travel to work and exercise. ‘Bicycle Shops’ are deemed by the Government to be ‘essential’ so exceptions to the new ruling. Please read below for further operational guidance and please call us to arrange an appointment rather than just turning up at the shop outside of the hours above.
Covid-19 Operational update
Sorry to add to the growing list of Coronavirus updates, but we thought it worthwhile to give an update on our service levels given the current situation. Our shop is currently still open to drop off repairs, make collections or view stock bikes for sale. It appears that Government advice is to adopt social distancing but recognises the need for people to exercise and keep their immune systems healthy. Now that gyms are closed and public transport is being avoided, we are being inundated with bike purchases and servicing to get old bikes back out on the road, so until further notice, this is our position;
- Dorvics will be open but we may limit times on certain days. We will provide daily updates on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/dorvics/ and on our website www.dorvicscycles.co.uk
- If you visit the shop and we already have customers present, please respect their (and your) personal space and wait until they leave before entering.
- Hand sanitiser gel is available for customer use and we’re sure you won’t be offended if we keep our distance and don’t shake hands to welcome you.
- We can be contacted on our usual number 01525 373060 but if the shop appears closed call 07973 385652 as we are still around to help.
- We may reduce the number of staff in the shop on some days. For their safety, the door may be locked but please just use the doorbell or call us.
- If you do need to visit the shop but are trying to avoid crowds, just give us a call and make an appointment, we can do this out of hours too.
If there is anything we can help with just get in touch, stay safe and keep healthy.
How else can we help in the current climate with the Corona virus now causing a pandemic state?
There may not be much a local bike shop can do to help in the current Corona situation but getting out on your bike could be welcoming exercise for those who are social distancing and a sensible alternative to travelling on public transport. Below are a few points from us where we can help you and you can help us.
- Let us collect and deliver your bike for free when it needs servicing
- Bikes are usually contaminated with all kinds of things but especially sweat, blood and tears. Please help us by hosing and wiping down your bike before we start to work on it.
- Bar tape and grips are home to all kinds of bacteria and germs. Pro riders change their bar tape every day in the Tour De France to avoid becoming ill. Let us change your bar tape for as little as £10 (plus tape) and we will change grips for free during a service.
- All of our technicians wear gloves and we have a good supply of hand washes and gels, customers are welcome to use these when in the shop.
- If you do need to visit the shop but are trying to avoid crowds, just give us a call and make an appointment, we can do this out of hours too if you want some time to look over that new bike you’re dreaming of.
- All of the bikes we have in stock are on our online shop, we upadate this daily, buy online and we’ll build and deliver it locally for free.
We will do our best to keep you cycling during this concerning time.