Dorvics Cycles Terms & Conditions
The Holonic Group Limited trading as Dorvics Cycles
Established in 1972, Dorvics Cycles started as a small family business and local cycles sales and service centre. We are still a family business and sell bicycles, accessories, related equipment and provide cycle servicing and repairs.
Company/Seller shall mean The Holonic Group Limited trading as Dorvics Cycles, registered in England and Wales under company number 10238352.
Our registered office is 20-22 Wenlock Road, London. N1 7GU.Our VAT Number is 974976545.
Buyer/Purchaser shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assigns. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer, legal rights shall remain unaffected. Where the term buyer appears within these terms it shall mean consumer buyer/purchaser unless specified as relating to a trade buyer or consumer buyer individually.
Goods or equipment shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all ancillary items are additional to this agreement unless specifically detailed within the sales invoice/order form.
Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall include VAT unless otherwise stated. Purchasers should note that prices quoted may vary during the currency of brochures (upwards or downwards) and current prices are quoted at the time of order. In respect of orders placed via the Internet, these shall not be accepted by us until confirmed.
We know when you order online, you’re eager to receive your parcel as soon as possible. That’s why we’ll despatch your items the same working day, providing you order before 2pm and select one of our premium shipping options. There are a few exceptions to this: for example, products (including bikes) which require assembly, and products which are located in our stores or other warehouses will not be shipped on the same day. We’ll make sure this is clear to you when you add your items to the basket, and you will be able to see an accurate delivery estimate in the checkout. If you’re unsure, you can always get in touch by calling 01525 373060 or email email@example.com
- “Working day” shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- These conditions shall apply to all of the company’s quotations and contracts, orders (including telephone orders) for the sale or supply of goods accepted by the company. For the trade buyer, any other terms or representations, whether implied by statute, made prior to, collateral with or subsequent to the contract or order are hereby excluded and shall not be binding upon the company. For the consumer purchaser, additional conditions shall only be binding upon the company if confirmed in writing by the company.
- The company reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct and no liability for any error or inaccuracy shall lie with the company.
- All guarantees for products are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to terms contained therein. Purchasers are reminded to complete all warranty cards/documents upon receipt of goods where appropriate.
Limitations upon liability
- Advice given by agents or servants of this company during telephone/Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser. Where advice is given after visual inspection by agents or servants of this company, such advice shall amount to an opinion only and the company shall not accept liability for any inaccuracies. Additionally, goods supplied are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put. ??No liability for failure can be accepted by this company for such alternative use, amendment or modification.
- Compatibility of goods is not guaranteed where modifications or alterations have been made and the company shall, in such circumstances, and at its discretion, issue a refund or credit to the purchaser.
- Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods to the seller for inspection and report (without the seller replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser further confirms that it shall be reasonable for the seller to inspect, repair or replace (at its option) such defective goods and allow manufacturers to undertake inspections so as to allow production methods to be modified. The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification.
- “Competition” goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme wear and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and purchasers should note that any claim for failure/wear shall be limited to that of the manufactures guarantees. It is agreed that such use shall be a relevant circumstance for the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). In addition, parts connected to parts supplied by this company may be placed under stress where specialist/competition parts are used, and purchasers should take advice from experts prior to purchase. Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
- Where modifications or alterations and poor maintenance to goods have been made the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by its own negligence.
- No liability is accepted by the company where purchasers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or ought reasonably to be known that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied, defective or otherwise not in accordance with the order.
- The company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the company, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war, website pricing or stock availability errors or actions by third parties.
- Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall confer, nor is it intended to confer, a benefit on any third party (for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose).